Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mario!

Remember this guy? Children of the 80's would know this.

I still remember the character. Jumping over tortoises, ghouls, smashing bricks & collecting power-ups. Sometimes hidden brick may hide special points if you know which one to smash. It's so simple and easy to play, but yet, still very enjoyable. Until today, I still remember the backing tunes of the game which I think is very catchy and easily recognizable.

Why am I suddenly being so nostalgic? I just bought an emulator program for the PC to play Super Mario. And it's been faithfully re-produced I can't help but teleport myself back to the 80's. And it's nice to know I still remember some of the hidden passages in the man-eating sewere pipes and bricks with the hidden points.


Even though I do have PS2 at home and PC capable to play some of the recent games, but still I find Super Mario entertaining. I'm just attracted to the simplicity of it. No need to crack my heads solving complex puzzles, twist my head running around in virtual world killing scary monsters or need to use all 10 fingers to press on like a hundred different button combinations to enjoy a game. This game do not even need high resources for graphics. It's all about the gameplay and it's entertainment value. It's either that or I'm getting old already hehehe

1 comment:

Anis Hartini Haron said...

hahahahaha u mmg dah tua... mengaku jer la.. :)