Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome back!


It's been AGES since I last updated this. My apology for the few people who may been following and reading this blog of mine (if there's any in the first place). But just gotten myself a brand spanking new notebook, which means I can now do my computing almost anywhere, in relative comfort, so I should make an effort to update my blog as frequent as possible.

Quite a number of things had happened since the last update, so I'll just make a post to summarize all happenings.

1. I got promoted!

Finally I got the promotion to become Manager! Alhamdulillah, after my 3rd interview to become one. But better late than never. But my work is still more or less the same as the last few years, just that now I actually have staff to manage and do things for me. Along with that, moved to a bigger space at office.

From this:

To this:


2. Malakoff University Duathlon Series 2

The second in the series, in subsequent weekend. Was supposed to do this as well, but I woke up late! So only Anis did it. This time she did it witrh Aishah, another friend of her who also did the first run. The route was quite challenging and the run was actually off road, through a jungle. I changed role to become a photographer instead, which was quite interesting actually. Seeing the race from a different perspective

Anis at the finish line

Anis & Aishah


3. Malakoff University Duathlon Series 3

This time Anis did the whole race by herself! I was with her all the way. After the event she is now considered a certified duathlete! I was so happy & and proud of her. As usual, we did it slow and easy, but we did finish it


4. Camera upgrade

I sold off my Nikon D3000 and bought a pristine, used Nikon D300 (notice one less 0) and loving it to bits. It really gives me more flexibility and very, very quick. It also feels like a proper SLR camera!

From this:

To this:


5. Trip to Bangkok

It was not a holiday trip, but I was chosen to represent Bank Negara Malaysia in squash for the Inter Central Bank Games! Actually I was asked to replaced a few others who was not able to make it to the event. But I was more than happy to provide my service! The squash team won the games rather easily against the other teams from Monetary Authority Singapore, Bank of Thailand and Bank Indonesia. From then, I was also asked to play again for the recent Inter Bank Squash tournament. I guess I achieved my target to be one of the top 6 squash player in BNM then!

Before the matches

We won!

6. Genting Trailblazer

This was quite recent, just last weekend. But I was not participating, Anis did. It was a team event, consisting of two per team. She did it with Sarah, who later I found out is Dino’s a.k.a. Heidilee fiancĂ©e. So this time, again I was there as a photographer. Well it was a good opportunity for me to test the speed of the D300 anyway. Some photos from the event below

Anis, Farra & her partner, Dan

Anis, after the race and dirtier

7. Newton run

Did this with Anis and Amal. It was a 12km run. Did close to 2 hours, but I got a medal for it! Anis & Amal however did not, for some reason


8. Trip to Jerangkang Waterfall

What a nice place. Needed an hour 4WD ride to go in, but it was worth it. Also tried canyoning i.e. abseiling in the waterfall, for the first time


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sharp post. Never thought that it was this easy. Extolment to you!