Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It doesn't matter ;)

Bowling is another sport that I'm into. Used to be playing like at least once a week, but have slowed down tremendously lately. For yearsn been trying to represent our team in BNM's internal tournament. 3 years ago, I did not make the cut. Missed to be in the team by a few pinfall during the selection match. Last year, woke up late for the selection. Dang!

This year, I comfortably qualified to be in the team. Performed well during the selection match and some good players were absent from the selection. The original tournament date was 7 March, no issue there. Then it was re-scheduled to 27 March, 8:00PM. Which clashed with Energizer Night Run. Dang again!

I can just forgo the run and do this bowling tournament, but not this time though. Why, you may ask. I have a different perspective now I guess. I have been training for the run with my close friend, Anis. In fact I was the one who convinced her to do the race. We have been training together at Tasik Titiwangsa for few weeks now.

She has a 9-6 office job, just like me. But she also runs an online bakery shop doing handmade cakes and wedding gifts, hantaran in Malay (that explains the favourite link on top there!). On every other weekends she teaches baking class. But still she made time to train for the night run. Normally we had to train at night since there's just no other time for us.

She's not a runner, so this is going to be her first time and she's determined to finish it within the cut-off time. It will be too cruel and selfish to waste all her effort for the event just because I want to represent my team for the bowling tournament. Moreover, nowadays I think it's no longer about what I can achieve, it's more satisfying to think of what we can achieve. I really wish we can do and finish the run together. I will not break my personal best whatsoever (not in my current form anyway), but it doesn't matter at the moment.

In fact, if we managed to successfully to complete this night run, I'm thinking of convincing her to do Powerman Malaysia. I may need to downgrade to do the sprints with her instead of doing the full distance race, but again, it doesn't matter. ;)

Wish us luck for the Energizer night run. For my friends doing the race, good luck to you all too. See you at the starting line. And please proceed first OK. I'll take it easy this time around.

1 comment:

Sue said...

gud luck anis & napee...pastikan finish the run within qualifying time. napee, kalu anis dah tak larat..ko seret je dia..hehhee. all the best ok :)