Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Powerman Malaysia 2008: Part 1

There’s just so much to share about my Powerman Malaysia 2008 experience, so I’m splitting them in a few parts. I know I can be very long winded at times hehehe

I left Teluk Intan to Lumut quite late on Saturday, around 2:30PM. I stayed at my uncle’s house the night before, much to the delight of my two little cousins. Supposed to check-in at Blue Bay Resort, Lumut by 4:00PM and collect my race timing chip by 5:00PM. So it was quite a rush, but thankfully I made it to both places safely, on time.

During the timing chip collection & race briefing, felt a bit psyched up by the other competitors. Most were wearing past races T-shirt. Marathons, triathlons, duathlons, etc.. etc., you name it. A bit scared lah.

During the timing chip collection. People doing some last minute shopping. I also bought a new race belt here.

After took a tour of the bike route with Apau. Apau is my office colleague, he's doing the Sprint distance race. The route is mostly the same as Powerman 2006, which is good since it’s flat, except there’s a big, steep bridge before the U-turn which looked rather intimidating.

“That’ll gonna hurt tomorrow!”, we both thought.

Some were seen cycling on the bike route, trying it out before the race on the next day.

After dropping off Apau at his hotel, I went for dinner. What was for dinner on the night of a long distance duathlon race then? Take a guess... hehehe I had Big Mac + McChicken + large Iced Milo. Didn’t expect Manjung to have a 24 hours McD actually. So convenient. Also tapau-ed another Big Mac and McChicken for breakfast. McD powered duathlete!

After a quick stop at the local 7-11, head back straight to my hotel room. Did a last minute check-up & clean-up of my bike. After setting up 6 different alarms for the next morning (3 on my PDA, 2 on my watch and another on my phone. so over-prepared!) I dozed off really early. It was barely 11:00PM. I need it anyway.
My bike ready for action!

My stuff, all organized and ready. Not the time to mess around

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

napee letak la gambar baru menarik nak baca..........

napee said...

cepat sgt la komen, baru je nak edit balik letak gambar... hehehe