Thursday, November 13, 2008

Powerman Malaysia 2008: Part 4

Results Analysis

This time the result was out very quick. Normally we have to wait a few days before we can see the results, but this time, we can already see it on Monday. For full results: http://bluechip.racetectiming.com/default.aspx My race number is 156 in the 30-39 category. Check out the winner. He did the race in 2:43!! Super.

11km run
Time: 1:03:46
Position: 306
Pace: 5:47/km

I was running all the way through the 11km. I was targeting a 6:00/km pace, but I bettered it a bit, which is surprising. Normally 5:47/km pace would not be very easy for me.

But obviously, I'm still far down the field. My position 306 is among the individual male participants only, for ease of comparison. Of course, there were many female participants who finished much faster than me.


64 km bike
Time: 2:02:15
Position: 209
Average speed: 31.4km/h

My favourite of the two. Actually by the time leaving transition, I overtook another 5 people, just by changing my shoes and getting out as quick as possible. My plan worked.

And by the end of the ride, I overtook 92 male long distance competitors. If counting those doing the team event, the female participants and those doing sprint, it was well above 100 people! Great.

Partly because I did not cramp up this time and also managed to stay in aero position like 90% of the time. Only had to get up when climbing the bridge, at the U-turn and sometimes while drinking. And also, thank God no puncture. A puncture would've ruined everything.


10km run
Time: 1:18:59
Position: 223
Pace: 7:53/km

The dreaded discipline for most. During transition overtook another 5 people. But being so slow in this run, errr... more like a walk actually, 19 participants overtook me. But that was quite surprising actually since I thought there was like a million who overtook me hehehe So my final placing is 223 among the male competitors. And also, there were quite a number of disqualifications this time. Not sure why, but I would guess many must be due to drafting.


Final result
Time: 4:28:54 (just 2 seconds off my own hand timing)
Position: 223 (out of 356 classified finisher)


Things to improve for next race
- have to run fassstttteeerrr. Simple as that, No two ways about it
- increase a bit more effort on bike. I'm sure I still have spare capacity to average 33km/h that day. Was taking it too carefully
- need hot weather training. Have to train later in the morning to get accustomed to the heat


For all the effort, this is the medal that I got


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cayalah napee....
:)
Next year try 3jam 20 min pulak ok...

Anonymous said...

eh.. takbleh, takbleh..
next time kena 2jam 40min la... nak tengok napee dapat usd5,000 tu :)

Anonymous said...

dah start poyo dah si napee nie, sekeh karang....:) a'way tahniah bro

napee said...

2:40? hahaha kene berenti keje la... lari & kayuh je... tu pun belum tentu lagi boleh hehehe

thanks to all comments :)

Anonymous said...

Kurus awak jadinya ek... CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

napee dating jom