Monday, December 1, 2008

Pure ranting only

Something's are better left untouched. For me at the moment, that is relevant for handphone form factor. Less than 2 months ago, I bought a Nokia 5610 XM phone. Costed me close to RM1k. I know some people blow much more money on their phone, but for me, it's the most expensive phone that I've ever purchased, PDA phones not counting.

I bought it mainly for it's 3.2 megapixel auto-focus camera. But it also happens to be a slide phone, which I'm not really keen of in the first place. But had to buy it anyway since the N73ME is just so much bulkier than I though it was. Less than 48 hours using it, the LCD screen went dead, when I was sliding it open. The repairs took 3 days to complete. It meant I only get to use it less than the time it was in for repairs.

And yesterday, the slide mechanism is acting up. It's kind of stuck and really difficult to slide. I really hate to need to send if for repairs, again. And I didn't drop it or bang it or anything, it just happened.

It's a stiff reminder that I should stick with candy bar phone form factor from now on. No slide, no flip, no twist phone for me. They're all just not reliable enough. Not that I'm a careless person, in fact I'm probably the most careful person with things that you'll ever find, seriously.

Now hope I'll get some extra year end bonus to replace this phone. *sigh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worries napee..ur prime must b excellent,merit kerr ! *wink*

napee said...

merit? hahaha i wish. takde maknanya nak merit kalau dah hari² attendance asyik merah ajek... hehehe

Anonymous said...

Sigh, reading this made me doubt to buy nokia again even after experiencing the good old reliable 3310 6 years ago. Maybe I should stick to the current SE.