Friday, December 5, 2008

Satria Neo

For some reason, lately I have a 'thing' for Satria Neo. I think this is a very good looking hatch. Have seen some tastefully done-up Neos on the road and they really caught my eye. Not those beng-ish type with mega bodykits though. Just some subtle bodykit with front lip, side skirt & rear 'diffuser'. Nice.

Really wish Proton have the engine to back up that good looks. With the 1.6L Campro, it's a bit underpowered. Forget about the 1.3L version. The over-due Neo CPS should be better, but just. In reality, what it needs is a proper 2L engine with at least 180hp to be competitive with the likes of Renault Clio RS or VW Golf GTI. Just forget about the Renault R26, Civic Type R or the yet-to-be-released Focus RS for the moment. 180hp should be just enough for one fun hot hatch.

The car already has good handling. Proven umpteen times on the track. An almost stock engined Neo can easily harrass a Mini Cooper S around Sepang! And the Cooper S is not really a bad handling car to begin with.

Wish I have the capacity for a second car, then I can consider a Neo for 'general driving'. Nothing's wrong with my current car. I love it to death, but sometimes it asks a bit too much of commitment to drive. Requires full-concentration with throttle and steering. The ride is a bit harsh. Then have to always be careful of where I park it. And sometimes the unwanted attention and stares it attracts. Not mentioning that all kinds of drivers, in all kinds of cars, from Kancils to Evos would want to 'cucuk' me on the road. It's wonderful when I feel like 'driving it', but for some other times, a bit tiring.

A black Neo R3, yummy! (Asking price too expensive though, better off doing up the normal version)


And this is the MEM S2000 Rally version. 4WD with 280hp from 2L N/A engine. Sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mphhh second wifey? sexy cut with seductive speed...

u should consider it. dont forget to give me a ride if u decided to go for it...good weekend & selamat hari raya haji!!

napee said...

second wife? hehehe wish i can afford it.

no problem. a ride in sepang then!