Thursday, April 23, 2009

Astro = basic need?

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/4/23/nation/3754732&sec=nation

Taken from thestar.com.my

I have to agree with the authority this time. For me, Astro is NOT a necessity. I live in KL for the past 19 years, but we only had Astro since last year. Not that we can't aford it, just that we don't feel any need for it. And alhamdulillah, even without that, our family survived. Both my sis and I managed to graduate, all without Astro.

Stopp all the BS about Astro being the source of information, bla bla. From my observation, 90% of Malaysians are only interested with the entertainments. AF lah, Raja Lawak lah, and what other crap is shown on Astro Ria. Never, not once that I sat with my friends and they discussed about the documentary shown on Discovery Channel last night, but countless times, they talked on and on about AF and similar shows. And never once that I have seen a schooling teenager asked to change the channel from the entertainment channels to the 55_ channels...

So if you ask me, Astro is definitely a luxury, not a necessity, and if these people can afford Astro, then they don't deserve financial aids from the government. There are others who are more deserving. Those who really need the basics, food, clean clothing, a place to live. And the fact that only 20 people showed up for the protests, proves that this is the minority, just ignore them.

I say, good move by the ministry.

1 comment:

Anis Hartini Haron said...

ala... yg nie i tak setuju dgn u... i bukak astro sbb nak tgk movie la.. especially movie lama²
jgn la condem astro! :(