Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GPRS internet...

... it's very useful!

Last week, when i lost my wallet, I wanted to find Citibank's phone number, used GPRS on my phone. Then when I went to JPN Sri Rampai, I was trying to locate the exact location, used GPRS to surf their website from inside my car.

Later while waiting at JPN, used GPRS to surf my automotive forums to kill time. Then few days ago, was lost looking for a new futsal center, stopped at a petrol station to search for the exact address.

It's such a convenience. In fact, was even contemplating to activate 3G so I can surf faster on my phone.

But yesterday, the bill came. My call charge was less than RM30, but, GPRS usage alone costed me an eye popping RM50.30! In total, I spent less than a full hour surfing the net on it. It's so freaking expensive. Most websites are not mobile friendly. They contain background image and lots of other images that just kill your GPRS bill.

So no more mobile internet for me. Only if really, really, really need to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

subcribe la celcom unlimeted internet use rm 99 for unlimited usage...
:)

boleh carik byk kedai kalau sesat nanti....