Thursday, July 9, 2009

Penang High Chapparal

IMHO, this is human greed at the finest.

Think of the following situation, I took a pair of shoes from a friend. The friend knew it, but keep silent on the notion to 'lend it out'. But now, the friend is asking back for the shoe and I'm asking him to buy me a replacement shoe of my choice for the return of the shoe I took? Silly, ain't it? But that's exactly it.

I have a feeling that Kg Buah Pala is a squatter village i.e. setinggan. And today, a government document has been declassified. My feeling was right. Kg Buah Pala is indeed a squatter village. So in a way, they are residing on land NOT belonging to them, it belongs to the state government. But they are demanding the govt to pay for them to move out! Why? Because they've been there a long time.

The document also revealed that these people are offered a RM75k terrace house for just RM1. U read it right, RM1 only, as exchange for them to vacate the land. Not just that, RM1k for moving-out costs and RM750 for renting another house for 36 months! But the villagers are asking for replacement land... even when the current land is NOT even theirs in the first place.

So now, refer back to the friend's shoe example above. Greedy.

Here's the declassified document: Click here

No comments: