Friday, October 9, 2009

Miscellaneous 1

From now on, there'll be more this type of posts since sometimes I have things to post, but just a bit too busy to do so. So I'll just compile things into short summaries

1. Raging earth
The rage continues. After Ketsana, Parma & Padang quake, Melor recently pounded Japan and a few more minor quakes rattled this part of the world. Pray to God that nothing really bad happens, like the 1999 tsunami. BTW, for those wondering why the name sounds Malay-ish, because it is. Search "typhoon name" to know it's given.

2. Astro = football channel?
Astro just been awarded rights to continue airing English Premier League for the next 3 years. And reportedly they're going to fork out 30% more than they originally expected. It's also reported that rights to EPL makes up 1/3 of all of Astro's content costs! Fine. But what I'm worried off is, they will then increase subscription price for their sports channel and that already happened this year.

Great for the footbal fans, but for me who normally watch anything OTHER than football, it's not going to be a good news. In the same sense, I love it during the football season break during which I can watch the more exotic sports event e.g. air race, downhill skiing, triathlon, log cutting (!), etc.. etc..

Astro, not every single male in Malaysia is an ardent footbal fan! I would rather watch Discovery than watch football.

The news: http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/10/7/business/20091007131033&sec=business

3. Manager interview
Didn't get the post, but it didn't bother me much. I'm more or less happy with my job at the moment. Moving up will have it's pros, but it also have it's cons. I'll just KIV it to another year maybe.

1 comment:

Anis Hartini Haron said...

tak per la tak dapat jadi manager... so u tak la busy sgt.. :)
ni pun dah cukup busy dah....