Thursday, December 24, 2009

Kids nowadays...

Today results for PMR is out. PMR is for 15 year olds. Of course I don't yet have a 12 year old child, nor a close relative this year. But this is what I overheard from my colleagues at the office.

One colleague her child got 8As in the PMR, the reward is going to London. Another colleague also chipped in and mentioned her daughter requested for trip to Disneyland if she got good results for UPSR, that's a 12 year old, my friend. Another then came and mentioned her child also got good results and the reward is iPod touch...

Kids nowadays are very 'carrot driven', overly pampered. Obviously they'll get a harsh wake-up when they eventually get to the real world when they grow up. No wonder even adults nowadays whine of not enough 'reward' for what they 'feel is a good job from their bosses. They're used to that.

Hopefully I can teach my future children well.

3 comments:

Iz said...

anak kakak aku, masa dia umur 5 tahun, exam tadika cemerlang, dapat PSP hoh. aku dulu nak dapat brick game pun nangis-nangis.. penat je nangis, tak dapat jugak.

eyla78 said...

napee... tertarik ngan statement nie.. 'Hopefully I can teach my future children well'.. so, bila nak carik 'mak' nye? a

anyway, memang tough nak besarkan and didik anak2 zaman skrg.. macam2 cabaran..

napee said...

eyla,
hehehe soalan cepu mas tu. ni tgh nak settlekan mak dia la ni hehehe

Iz,
budak skrg kalau bagi brick game, diorang nangis dpt game tu. bukan diorang yg menangis nak hahaha