Monday, August 18, 2008

Long weekend drive

My journey last weekend, KL -> Teluk Intan -> Sg. Petani -> Kepala Batas -> Teluk Intan -> KL. Went to visit a few uncles in the North.

KL -> Bidor was uneventful. Just boring highway drive, with a short stop at Behrang. The drive from Bidor to KL on the way to Teluk Intan was superb. Late night around 12AM, very few cars. Nice road with bends connected by decent straights. Reminded me of the journey I did in 2006 on the way to Powerman Lumut.

But the journey from Teluk Intan -> Taiping was not so nice. Took the road on my uncle's recommendation. He said the road was OK and nice. But it turned out to be full of potholes, nasty cambers and very undulating with a few jumps at places. And had to navigate through other traffic with constant rowing of the gears to keep the engine on the boil ready for overtaking. It was quite tiring. And not so nice a ride when I have my mom and my grandmother at the back seat. Pity them as that must've been quite uncomfortable to them. It was uncomfortable even to me. Remind me not to fully trust other people's judgement when it comes to driving or anything related with cars.

Then it was highway driving all the way to Sg. Petani. On the way back to KL, had to make a stop over at Teluk Intan again to drop my grandmother there. So again, enjoyed the Bidor - Teluk Intan route.

Then it was highway all the way to KL.

When I reached home, 95L of Shell RON97 later, this was what I see on the odometer:


900.9km in total. Not too shabby for a weekend right? hehehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah....really jalan jauh ya.