Friday, October 24, 2008

Inactive Malaysians

Found this in thestar.com.my today: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/10/24/nation/2362348&sec=nation

If you ask me, I wholeheartedly agree to it. I have a desk job that requires me to sit on a chair in front of a desk 8 hours of the day. At most, the work related physical activity I'm required to do is to walk to the next building to attend meetings. Even that also we normally take the elevator and escalator.

In my office, we have a gym. A complete one with all the nice equipments. Treadmills, cross-trainer, cycling machine, weights, etc... Even two badminton courts, two squash courts two more squash courts converted to become table tennis courts. And it's totally free for all the staff.

But, I would say, less than 20% actually frequent it. It's the same face day-in and day-out. But strangely, during the Open House, with the lavish food served, I see like 90% of the staff being there. And then people keep on complaining of their idle-related illness e.g. high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.. etc.. They never take care of themselves in the first place.

So you out there, please take care of yourself. Our modern lifestyle, modern job & modern food is taking a toll on our body. We have to keep that in control. Please don't use the excuse that you don't have time & busy with your family. Or your job. Those are just excuses. If you really love your family, then take care of yourself. If not, it's them that needs to take care of you instead of the other way around. And if you got ill, you cannot efficiently do your job either.

So please, take note of that.

1 comment:

homebuyers121 said...

Cross trainer are relatively new additions to cardiovascular fitness equipment. Cross trainer offer a non-impact cardiovascular workout that can vary from light to high intensity based on the resistance preference set by the user. You can get more information about Cross trainer which I browsed on internet can fetch you help.