Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yeah right!

In thestar.com.my today: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/10/29/nation/2387778&sec=nation

An interesting excerp:

"All this while, we have been absorbing higher costs as we haven’t been increasing our food prices even after the price hikes. So I don’t see why we should lower our prices now,” he told The Star yesterday."

Absorbing higher costs? Haven't increased prices? My foot. The hawkers and restaurateurs are the FIRST to INCREASE their prices. Since:

1. Their prices are not officially controlled

2. They never actually calculate the ACTUAL COST of producing the food itself. They use the concept, 'main taram saja'. Cooking oil price increase by 50 sen per kg? Let's increase the price of roti canai by 10 sen each then. As if 1 kg of oil is just enough for just 5 roti canai! Same goes when milk price increased, flour price increased. All resulted in disproportionate price increase by them.

And yet they claim they've been absorbing? Again, my foot!

I'm not complaining about the high price. I think they have the right to sell at whatever price they want, and I in turn, have the right to choose to eat at their outlet or not. But to actually try to mislead people that they've been absorbing higher cost? That's like trying to hide an elephant in a refrigerator. You're just insulting the public's intelligence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

teka teki, bagi 2 cara nak masukkan gajah dlm peti sejuk...hehehehehehehe