Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rustic and charming little town

I was in Sungai Petani over the Hari Raya. Went there to my uncle's place. And of course, took the chance to visit the town. I don't even remember going to the town, even though I spent a few years of my childhood there back during the time when my late-grandfather was still serving in the Police force. And from my mum's story, together with my Pak Su, we were the 'heroes' of the police barrack when we were young back then hehehe

But back to the town, I love this town. It's a small town with no congestion at all. But with some developments to keep it up with the time. Here's some snap shots that I found interesting:

It's been a while since I had to go past this kind of rail road crossing. My previous hometown, Kluang also had one.


This is the unique and very attractive HSBC Bank building.


And I saved the best for the last. This, McDota! I bet most of you don't even know this. But before the years of McD and KFC, this was THE fast food of the day, back in the 80's. We also had one in Kluang last time

Overall, this town really reminded me a lot of Kluang. I really to visit Kluang soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haah la...ada Mc Dota...sukanyer Mc Dota nie gila lama..i ingat dah tak ada dah...wah bestnyer

Anonymous said...

laa org kluang ke? area mana?

napee said...

bro,

not really org kluang.

tapi pernah duduk kluang dulu kala. between 1984-1985 & 1986-1989. Aku suka giler kluang. hehehe

Anonymous said...

kluang man....